Cordless provides Consultancy, Strategy, Design and Assurance for most low voltage building technologies including AV, ICT, BMS, Lighting, Smart and IoT. Our specialist skills teams work together as one holistic Digital Engineering Team bringing an efficient, broad and highly experienced capability for our projects, ensuring an integrated delivery for our clients.
In recent years, buildings and places have become increasingly automated to become ‘smarter’. What is smart? There are multiple levels to smart, from siloed systems with minimal integration such that a light may be switched off in unoccupied space through to cognitive systems that learn and optimise building conditions.
- Having the air handling system increase the air change rate because a 200-person meeting is planned in the auditorium, rather than responding reactively to the room conditions
- Monitoring use of facilities such as washrooms or water dispenser levels, to advise FM staff of service requirements
- People counting to ensure spaces are not overcrowded, triggering alerts or actions to staff or systems
Real benefits can be achieved when both the client’s own system and the building systems (BMS) work together to provide occupants with a Safe, Productive, Attractive, Sustainable and Efficient facility. Cordless has a track record of consulting, planning, designing and providing assurance through delivery and installation phases of many Smart projects over the past 10 years. We have experience with assisted homes, high-end homes, smart campus environments, build-to-rent and build-to-buy smart schemes in addition to corporate and government facilities.
Our consultancy delivers all the planning and oversight to deliver a Smart Building, including:
- A unified Facilities Management/IT interface, with a harmonised view of building management systems for FM and user experience features
- An integration platform for applications such as room booking, desk booking, and visitor management
- Integration to Smart applications including Smart Lockers and ‘Phone as a Pass’
- Increased facilities efficiency in operations with the provision of monitoring, alerting, history and analytics
- Desk utilisation and user capacity planning using appropriate sensors and booking technology
- Monitoring and management of power utilisation
- Understanding of run time information on all FM building hardware
- Control of temperature, light balance and air quality
- Integration with an Internet of Things infrastructure for sensing and control
- A single interface for FM engineers to run and manage the building
- A single mobile user interface for day to day booking, wayfinding, room control, ordering and fault logging